Art Outsourcing Manager
Cold Iron Studios
San Jose, CA
Cold Iron is seeking an experienced Art Outsourcing Manager to join us in creating a shooter set in the Alien universe for consoles and PC! Are you an artist that also has a knack for working with people? Do you revel in intense attention to detail and process management?
Here’s the most important one: Do you do it all for the game? Because you know that your talents are needed to make sure that even the best development teams get an awesome experience out the door?
Awesome. Come join our creative, collaborative studio where you’ll own the product management responsibilities for a tight, integrated team of game developers.
Your Day to Day
You can expect to be responsible and accountable for the following:
- Manage and facilitate the art outsourcing process from beginning to end
- Integrate outsourced art assets into the game
- Execute on feedback provided by in-house leads and provide timely, clear, and consistent feedback to outsource partners
- Monitor submissions from outsource partners to ensure that quality is consistent and high, as well as adhering to technical specifications
- Work with the in-house team and coordinate with the outsourcing partners to meet milestone deadlines
- Proactively identify risks associated with meeting project milestones
- Ensure necessary and appropriate steps are taken to resolve difficulties which may impede progress or compromise achievement of project’s objectives.
Your Career Progression
Do the best work of your career! No, really, that’s what we expect of you. Come aboard and work with industry veterans all working to improve their craft and become better game developers. Your portfolio of experience will grow, and the size of the audience you reach will expand exponentially. The small team atmosphere allows you to contribute more and have greater ownership over what you do day to day.
- 5+ years of professional industry experience.
- Expert written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven art skills and high attention to detail to provide QA on all incoming assets.
- Ability to integrate incoming assets into the appropriate pipeline.
- Demonstrable competence in problem solving, with an ability to overcome resistance, setbacks, and obstacles.
Would Love to See
- Knowledge of industry standard software (Maya, Substance Designer, Photoshop, etc.)
- Experience developing MMOs or large scale persistent multiplayer games
- Passion for developing and playing video games
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- No requirement.
Aside from the intrinsic value of exciting a huge audience with your creative work, you can expect:
Health and Wellness
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Education Reimbursement
- Fitness Club Discounts
- Training and Development
- Commuter Incentives and Hybrid Vehicle Purchase/Lease Program
- Merchandise Discounts
About our Location
Cold Iron Studios, a division of FoxNext Games, is on a mission to create games they want to play with people they love to work with. The studio was founded by three industry veterans in 2015, and has since expanded to 25+ awesome developers who are all experts in their discipline. The Cold Iron team is a diverse group of passionate gamers with decades of experience developing and launching award-winning MMO and action titles. Currently, the team is working on a new PC and console shooter based on the Alien franchise. The team is especially excited to be entrusted with the Alien universe and to provide Alien and gaming fans with an experience they will love.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.