Senior Lighting Artist
Cold Iron Studios
San Jose, CA
Cold Iron is seeking an experienced Senior Lighting Artist to join us in creating a shooter set in the Alien universe for consoles and PC! Are you excellent at conveying mood through light? Do you revel in creating an atmosphere that is immersive and believable?
Here’s the most important one: Do you do it all for the game? Because you know that your talents are needed to make sure that even the best development teams get an awesome experience out the door?
Awesome. Come join our creative, collaborative studio where you’ll own the product management responsibilities for a tight, integrated team of game developers.
Your Day to Day
You can expect to be responsible and accountable for the following:
- Own lighting implementation across all levels
- Set VFX, fog, and other atmospherics to translate the mood of the game
- Add finishing touches to levels
- Optimize performance for consoles and PC
Your Career Progression
Do the best work of your career! No, really, that’s what we expect of you. Come aboard and work with industry veterans all working to improve their craft and become better game developers. Your portfolio of experience will grow, and the size of the audience you reach will expand exponentially. The small team atmosphere allows you to contribute more and have greater ownership over what you do day to day.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating ability as a lighting artist
- 3+ years experience
- Excellent understanding of color
- Proven ability to produce compelling visuals through lighting on PC and console platforms
- Experience with realtime dynamic lighting techniques
- Ability to translate visual reference or concept effectively into the game
- Ability to research and develop lighting techniques
Would Love to See
- In-depth understanding of Unreal’s realtime lighting systems
- Excellent understanding of post process techniques
- Experience with dark, scary, industrial settings
- Advanced understanding of shaders
- No requirement.
Aside from the intrinsic value of exciting a huge audience with your creative work, you can expect:
Health and Wellness
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Education Reimbursement
- Fitness Club Discounts
- Training and Development
- Commuter Incentives and Hybrid Vehicle Purchase/Lease Program
- Merchandise Discounts
About our Location
Cold Iron Studios, a division of FoxNext Games, is on a mission to create games they want to play with people they love to work with. The studio was founded by three industry veterans in 2015, and has since expanded to 25+ awesome developers who are all experts in their discipline. The Cold Iron team is a diverse group of passionate gamers with decades of experience developing and launching award-winning MMO and action titles. Currently, the team is working on a new PC and console shooter based on the Alien franchise. The team is especially excited to be entrusted with the Alien universe and to provide Alien and gaming fans with an experience they will love.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.