Senior Narrative Designer
Cold Iron Studios
San Jose, CA
Cold Iron is seeking an experienced Sr. Narrative Designer to join our world class team in creating a shooter set in the Alien universe for consoles and PC! Are you a passionate about creating a game where people feel engaged with the world and characters? Do you revel in turning visions and ideas into playable events? Are you excited about adding to the stories within one of the most beloved science fiction franchises of all time?
Awesome. Come join our creative, collaborative studio and add stories to the Alien universe with a tight, integrated team of game developers.
Your Day to Day
You can expect to be responsible and accountable for the following:
- Translate the vision of the creative director into in-game story and playable events
- Develop fresh and innovative stories, settings, and characters in the Aliens science fiction universe
- Lead collaboration with other writers and designers
- Own the story bible and narrative vision for the project
- Create deep and engaging characters to populate the world, and script in-game dialog to bring them to life
- Collaborate with the World Building, Content, and Environment teams to build engaging playable experiences
- Help coordinate and direct voice-over performances for the written dialog
- Assist in scoping work for on time milestone deliveries
- Guide and mentor other team members
Your Career Progression
Do the best work of your career! No, really, that’s what we expect of you. Come aboard and work with industry veterans all working to improve their craft and become better game developers. Your portfolio of experience will grow, and the size of the audience you reach will expand exponentially. The small team atmosphere allows you to contribute more and have greater ownership over what you do day to day.
- 5+ years narrative design experience
- Experience with multiplayer games and/or shooters
- Strong narrative and dialog writing skills
- Self-driven with strong communication skills
- Experience with gameplay scripting
- Ability to tackle challenges and problem solve with a strong sense of ownership
- Ability to work closely with many other disciplines and be a team player
- Understanding of current game art pipelines and methodologies
Would Love to See
- Experience with Unreal Engine and/or 3D art creation applications
- No requirement.
Aside from the intrinsic value of exciting a huge audience with your creative work, you can expect:
Health and Wellness
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Education Reimbursement
- Fitness Club Discounts
- Training and Development
- Commuter Incentives and Hybrid Vehicle Purchase/Lease Program
- Merchandise Discounts
About our Location
Cold Iron Studios, a division of FoxNext Games, is on a mission to create games they want to play with people they love to work with. The Silicon Valley studio was founded by three industry veterans in 2015, and has since expanded to 25+ awesome developers who are all experts in their discipline. The Cold Iron team is a diverse group of passionate gamers with decades of experience developing and launching award-winning MMO and action titles. Currently, the team is working on a new PC and console shooter based on the Alien franchise. The team is especially excited to be entrusted with the Alien universe and to provide Alien and gaming fans with an experience they will love.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.