Cold Iron Studios is looking for a Senior QA Analyst to join our world class team working on a new console shooter based in the Aliens universe! Are you an analytic thinker and problem solver that has a sharp eye for detail and excellent communication skills? Do you have the ability to track test analytics and provide reports based on gathered data?
Awesome! Come join our creative, collaborative studio and help expand the Alien universe with a tight, integrated team of game developers.
Your Day to Day
You can expect to be responsible and accountable for the following:
- Work closely with Leads of multiple disciplines to help develop systems to track test progress
- Provide supportive leadership to test team alongside a Senior QA Lead
- Gather and analyze test data and provide reports for the project team; track bugs and issues through Jira
- Develop and maintain test plans and assignments for every deliverable build across the project
- Assign work to an outsourced test team based on immediate and future needs
- Collaborate with cross-functional QA, Engineering, Product and Central QA, including outsourced Testers
Your Career Progression
- Do the best work of your career! No, really, that’s what we expect of you. Come aboard and work with industry veterans all working to improve their craft and become better game developers. Your portfolio of experience will grow, and the size of the audience you reach will expand exponentially. The small team atmosphere allows you to contribute more and have greater ownership over what you do day to day.
- The Quality Assurance organization is being built on a culture of teamwork, customer advocacy, and problem solving. As a Senior QA Lead, the work you do will live at the very heart of this philosophy. We are looking for a person that enjoys working in a group setting, loves guiding test teams, and has experience in collaborative software environments that reinforce the values of communications, empathy, and knowledge sharing.
- 5+ years of software or games experience and 1+ years owning test development of a product
- Strong understanding of game/software development cycles
- Strong problem solving, communication, and prioritization skills
- Expert knowledge of JIRA, TestRail and Confluence
Would love to see:
- Experience in test automation and tools
- Experience with CI/CD process and technologies (e.g. Jenkins or equivalent)
- Knowledge of versioning systems like GitHub, Perforce, etc
- Passion for games and the gaming industry
- No requirement.
About our Location
Cold Iron Studios, a division of FoxNext Games, is on a mission to create games they want to play with people they love to work with. The studio was founded by three industry veterans in 2015, and has since expanded to 25+ awesome developers who are all experts in their discipline. The Cold Iron team is a diverse group of passionate gamers with decades of experience developing and launching award-winning MMO and action titles. Currently, the team is working on a new PC and console shooter based on the Alien franchise. The team is especially excited to be entrusted with the Alien universe and to provide Alien and gaming fans with an experience they will love.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.